Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Querceto Di Castellina

In Chianti country we are staying at a Villa called Querceto Di Castellina. Each Villa is very different in Tuscany so one can't really compare places. This place in many ways is nicer than our last Villa but then our last Villa was meant to be an old hunting lodge and this Villa plays more to the tourist crowd who are looking for something more refined. For instance they have a dinner on Monday night where everyone gets together and kibbitz through the night. Another night they have a wine tasting. There are 8 cottages in this compound so it is less isolated than in our last place which was up in the middle of no where about 3 kilometres up an old washed out road. Not here, everything is much more refined. But one can't say that one is "better" than the other. But I have to say that this place is some nice!!!!
I also haven't really explored this place yet so I don't have a complete set of pictures but the ones above are from the set I took on day one and earlier Sunday morning.
I'll also try to post Sunday night. We are heading to the market in Panzano this morning and we hope to book a dinner with Dario in Panzano. I think he has his own website and is reputed to be the best restaurant in the Chianti area. Check it out if you can find it. It is worth googling.  I will try to post some pictures from the market ... should be fun but I understand it is more a clothes and antiques market and less a food market so I'm not sure the pictures will be as dramatic.
We also went into Panzano on Saturday night after we arrived and tried to get into Dario's restaurant but he was booked so we walked into town a short distance and found a pizza restaurant where we had a lovely dinner and only two of us ordered Pizza. But we did find our way into a few bottles of local Chianti wine so we all left somewhat happy. I posted some pictures from this dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment