Total Pageviews

Monday, July 4, 2011

Denis Pics - Day 1



My nephew Denis (and Janice) brought his sister Ashlee over to Paris and so far Ashlee has been joined to their hip. So his pics and Ashlee's pics follow the same itinerary. But it is interesting to see the very different perspective each bring to their photos.

The picture above is the first I've seen that properly captures the Tour Eiffel when the strobe lights come on which is every hour starting at 11:00 pm. Everyone dives for their camera to try to capture the sparkles since they are indeed quite neat to look at but I haven't seen a picture before this one that truly captures the moment. All he did was set his camera for a longer exposure and then move it from left to right during the exposure. A simple technique that worked real well. You can actually see the sparkles whereas in the dozens of others I've seen they just blend into the complexity of the Tower.

Also some pics of the journey from Windsor.

Life is good ... enjoy

Auto Guru in Europe














































































































3 comments:

  1. I was so glad to see a pic of Peter with Savannah. I was wondering if he was actually on the trip. haha

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pic of hauling bags up the Metro steps! And the Tour Eifel at night splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reviewing my pics from the trip, it looks like I peaked on day 1...

    ReplyDelete