Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

JUNE





When I came to Paris I decided I'd try to walk everywhere and only take the Metro as a last resort or when I didn't have a choice. Since starting my weight loss/fitness program I've been keeping track of the statistics on the day gathered from my pedometer. It tracks the number of steps, calorie burn, distance, time moving and kilometres per hour.


I left Canada on June 1'st and for the month of June including the 1'st of June departure day I've walked 767,107 steps averaging 25,570 per day. That equates to 55,381 calories burned while walking or 1,846 per day. A total distance of 229.91 miles/369.93 kilometres averaging 7.66 miles per day or 12.33 kilometres per day.


Although this is a LOT of walking I haven't lost any weight at all indeed I may have put on a pound or two which say a lot about my diet. I bought a scale mid way through the month and my weight this morning was nearly identical to the first day I weighed myself. This scale measures in metric while my scale measures in Imperial and with the conversion it tells me I've put on about 5 pounds since my last weigh in Canada. Different scales may account for the difference so I don't know whether I've gained weight or not. I've definitely lost inches since my slacks are looser now than on arrival.


I had a great first month which was mostly on my own so lots of time for photography and posting. Last week the wave of guest starting arriving with Karolis and Christopher and this week with Denis, Janice and Ashlee. I should be able to maintain my walking routine but there will be less photography. First I have to show everyone around the familiar sites which I've already photographed so it would be repetitive to post them again. Second, proper photography takes time and I don't want to impose of anybody to wait around for me while I take photos. Third we are spending more time out seeing things so I have less time to work on photos when I get back to the apartment. Last night for instance we headed out to dinner at about 8:00 pm and didn't get back to the apartment until almost 2:00 am so I obviously didn't have time to work on my photos.


What this all means is that I will likely be down to only one post a day and there may be days without a post. But please, please, please don't abandon my blog just because I'm posting a little less. With this blog you can track page-views each day and I check this out regularly. It is one of the ways I'm able to stay in touch with home. I'm averaging about 150 hits a day and it is important to me that people are viewing my blog. It is a lot of work so it give me comfort that my friends and colleagues are enjoying my trip.


Life is good ... enjoy


Auto Guru in Europe








2 comments:

  1. Post the people pictures!! Can't wait to see the slide show.

    Speaking for me, can't wait to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Now Janice looks like Audrey Hepburn(sic). She is a master of disguises ... maybe it's the parisien appartement!

    Ashley looks WAY Parisienne ... it's in the genes.

    Sadly, (NOT!) this is my last post. Only 1 more sleep!!!!

    ReplyDelete