Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Testavin



Although there are thousands of restaurants in Paris and hundreds of great restaurants I always seem to come back to Testavin. It is across from Bertillon the famous sorbet establishment on the Ile Saint-Louis and was first recommended by Lorenzo and Linda Rovere via Francois and Janet Sully. I've eaten there more than a dozen times and it is usually my first stop on any trip to Paris including this trip. I ate there three time on this stay ... my first night alone ... with Denis, Janice, Ashlee, Savannah and Peter and on my last night with Vida. I didn't take pictures on the previous trips but have a few to show for this dinner since Vida had her camera. It was spectacular as usual and I highly recommend it to anyone travelling through Paris. It is very much a classic french restaurant serving classic french dishes served in classic french style. If you are a Big Mac lover this is NOT the place for you. When I travel to Paris I try to be Parisian ... open markets every day or at least every second day, long walks and more long walks, Le Metro when I have to although this trip I tried to NOT take the Metro whenever possible, baguette and cheese, fois gras, jardins, museums, statues, read a lot of history, open windows in my apartment, European style sirens in the street 24-7, feeble attempts to speak french etc. If this is your objective and I admit it may not be right for everyone ... then I can't think of a better way to start a stay in Parisian than to eat out at Testavin. Parisian to the core.


Life is good ... enjoy


Auto Guru in Europe















No comments:

Post a Comment