Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cruising up the Seine

This is from two nights ago but I finally got around to doing some decent pictures. Each night we get home and everyone gives me their camera chips. I download all the pictures into individual folders labeled by person by day. I then load up all the pictures into photoshop and go through everyone, picking out the best, cropping most and even fixing the odd one. For instance, their is a bridge shot from the pictures I posted of Monet's garden that is actually a composite of three shots. It is near impossible to get a clean shot of anything in without tourists in them so in this shot I took a series of pictures and spliced them together to get rid of the people. I do this with a half dozen every night and it does make a huge difference. This all takes a bit of time but then once we get back to our apartment and early in the morning I've got nothing else to do AND I enjoy it.
This blog is dedicated to Betty Anne who loved the cruise up the Seine 11 years ago and encouraged Bun and the rest of us to do it again and to think of her along the way. Enjoy this Betty Anne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we miss you. The way the pictures post you have to scroll down to the beginning of the pictures and go backwards to get them in the right sequence .... sorry. I have to remember to post pictures backwards in order to get them in the right order but I'm not doing this one again.
Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment