Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day Two

My dogs are barking big time!!!!!  Hi There, this is Bonnie.  Dennis and Lucy had us all over the place today.  We were on The Metro and got off at Trocadero exit, we walked up the stairs and around the corner and wham!!!! there it was..... The Eiffel Tower.  I was actually moved to tears.  
Bonnie is off crying so I'll take over ( Dennis ).  I walked their asses off today. Paris big time. Bonnie was a real trouper, lasted until about 6 hours in and then her feet gave out. Congrats. Actually we were all ok with the walking until we got to Sainte Chappelle and to get to the main chapel where all the stain glass windows are located they make you walk up a turret about 50 steps winding around till the top. Ouch.  But inside is nothing short of spectacular. We're going back with Janice and I'm bringing my tripod. Took a pile of pictures but many were blurry since you have to open the camera up so far it is near impossible to prevent camera shake. I took over 600 pics ( note to Laura ... I used my D-200 and figured it out and shot Manual ALL day ... proud of your Dad eh! ) and will have some great shots to show everyone. This new camera is really neat to use and I'm trying to be adventuresome with my settings. One of the reasons I have so many pics is because I'm experimenting with F stops, ISO and speed. Will be neat to look and compare on my home computer where I should be able to tell the difference a little better.
It is Saturday and there are a million tourists in Paris ..  make that two million. It would be so lovely if the tourists could just stay away while we're here, don't they understand that we want some clean shots of all the sites?
We all stopped at a cafe to have a late lunch ... near the Tour Eiffel. I have some great pics of food of all things. Here we are standing in front of the Eiffel Tour,  Notre Dame, I'lle Saint Louis, and others and I'm taking pictures of our food. 
Bonnie and Tom got a quick lesson on how to use the subway .... er L'Metro. They are now pros. 
Bon Soir, blog U tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Well anybody's feet would give out after 6 hours of walking. Go Bun!!! It looks like you guys are all still having an amazing time. Still lots more to go! Bun have you done any scrapbooking yet?

    ReplyDelete