Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 17

A bit of a sad day today since tomorrow Janice heads back to Canada and Bun and Tom head to Bratislava and Vienna. We have had such a good time it will be difficult without them. Lucy and I will spend the next 4 days "bonding" and hopefully will not kill each other. I plan to just laze around and try to be Parisiene whatever that means and will take a lot of time to go out and take the pictures that are on my list. I've been a bit of a tour guide the last two and half weeks so although I'm taking a lot of photos I haven't been able to break away and do some of the photography that I would like to do since it would bore the rest of the group to death.
Janice and I went down to the market and picked up a brunch so we didn't even finish with eating until mid afternoon and after some of us ( me and Bun ) had a nap we headed down to Le Marais and the Place de Vosge for some looking around and dinner. We did find Rue DesRosiers and took the required photos of Bonnie and myself. We started  with a few drinks at a brasserie on Place do Vosge but because we didn't order any food they kicked us out. Prices were outrageous anyway. So we meandered over back to Rue DesRosiers and found a nice little place to have some street food. We told the guy we were "DesRosiers' " and he was quite impressed. This street is the centre of the Jewish neighborhood in Paris and quite interesting as well the Marais is also the centre of the Gay area in Paris. An interesting spot to people watch to say the least.
Till Tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. darlene let me play catch-up while canning tomatoes - next best thing to being there with you is the smiles on your faces! I can tell you are having a blast! Is the swan pic in honour of the Swan Sisters?? Monet's garden pics were just beautiful - I kept scrolling back to just bask in them - could almost smell the flowers - ha ha - no wine in me just a high on your vacation! The food - the wine - the scenery - what an amazing time you're obviously enjoying & thanks for sharing !!!
    hugs & kisses
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to Linda and Darlene:

    Absolutely, the swan picture is in honour of the Swan Sisters. You know you're never far from our hearts!!! Tell Darlene that I have to do DesRosiers Thanksgiving on the Sunday, but we are available on the Saturday or Monday. Today Tom and I are off to Prague, Bratislava tomorrow and Vienna. We'll be back in Paris on Thursday and then heading home on Friday. Not quite sure yet if we are leaving Toronto for home on Friday night or Saturday. It depends on how he feels about driving after a long flight. we are supposed to go to a garden wedding in Chatham on Saturday at noon but that remains to be sen as well.

    Love you bunches a lot.

    Bon and Tom

    ReplyDelete