Total Pageviews

Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 15

What a lazy day. It started very early in Switzerland when we got up at 5:00 am to catch our train to Paris. We were in our apartment in Paris by 2:00 pm and then we just sat around all day. Or at least I did. Had a good long nap, Bun and Janice went shopping for clothes and picked up some new outfits, Lucy went out and picked some stuff up for dinner and Tom stuck his head out the window and just people watched for hours on end. It is hard for me but I have to convince myself that it is all right to do NOTHING while on vacation. I think that is one of the purposes of going on vacation isn't it. We plan to go out to the Palais Versaille tomorrow, our second attempt and hopefully more success than last week.
Since we didn't really do anything all day, I'm just going to post some of the nicer pictures from previous days and try to avoid doubles.... if I don't then too bad.
Since we don't get very many comments we have no idea whether this is boring the stuffing out of everyone or whether everyone or anyone finds it interesting at all. We would like to hear more from back home so post a comment once in a while. We miss ya all.
Till tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! It's me Mom , Glad to see you are enjoying yourselves. We miss you too! Please Tell Tommy that Mrs. Gelinas passed away last Monday, Linda and I were at the Funeral and took care of everything here from the Family.
    Enjoy the rest of your trip, Love You, Come back safe! We are all together at Brandon's Birthday and Bobby has me going over the pictures, They're great!
    MOM,

    I'm going to have Mom look over all the pics and comments. Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been posting comments! Not every day. The pictures are great. Mom looks very happy in most of them. I hope she is having a good time and relaxing. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so now we have to do assessments too?? Is there an accountability part as well?

    I'm loving the pictures! Especially the ones of Lucy's big grin. Bonnie sure looks pretty in pink!!! All of you look like you're having too much fun. Sigh.

    And not that I'm trying to compete on the wine front, but I spent another music weekend at Naramata. The music making was great and I visited at least a dozen wineries bringing home 1 1/2 cases including a Botrytis (sic) and some late harvests...

    Keep the photos coming!

    Vida

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was commenting pretty faithfully !! Get on the ret of the slackers out there who are enjoying and not giving feedback - there is a price for such beauty !!

    I've been trying to keep mom updated on all your adventures - even she thinks you've been jam packed with activity - but it has inspired her !. . . When I told her about all the walking you've been doing, and gave her the low down on the 'top of Europe' - she said she was going to use it as inspiration to increase her incline on teh treadmill during her daily workouts. Sicko !! Like she really needs the 'inspiration' or the extra incline for that matter !

    Dennis - I have to say - as much as I love seeing the pics of everyone enjoying your visits and stops, the architectural shots are my fav - I find Europe to be so diverse and the historical component of their architecture just amazes me. Switzerland wasn't on our itinerary when I was in Europe - so I especially loved seeing those shots.

    And lastly. . . Bon - that Pink shirt combo you wore - looks fabulous on you !!! You looked renewed in those shots. I thought you looked a little tired in a couple of the last - but now - I see you're completely sparked up for the last week of your vacation.

    Oops - - one more thing - Dan and I want to book early ! Any chance that we could expect Bun and Tom for Thanksgiving dinner sometime over the weekend ? I guess this is our way of trying to call DIBS on your stories and pics !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete