Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day Three - Evening Walk

We did indeed have a restful day with most of us sleeping for a few hours during the afternoon after our wonderful and filling lunch from the market. We headed out around 5 ish to go the church and then went for a nice walk through the left bank ( St. Michel) for a  couple of hours. Stopped and had a Donar and a Grand Marnier Crepe ( Bun loved it ) and watched the street performers for a while of which there are quit a few. The most interesting guy was a mime and I recorded him so I'll try to post this if it looks any good.  
Naturally we ended up at a Bistro for a beer and some wine and some Frites before walking back to the Metro to go home. Actually we all walked along the Seine for a while and at night they light up the Tour Eiffel which is kind of neat. I brought my tripod and Tom and I got some decent pictures. On the way to the subway we passed the entrance to the Louvre and while Bun and Tom sat by the fountain I took some timed shots of the Pyramid entrance. 
It's now midnight and we're sitting around the kitchen table eating stinky cheeses and bread. Tom inhales the bread.
Note to Janice ... .the apartment is on the first floor and is the one on the left. We will be looking for you.
Bun checking in ... I didn't know I had an evil brother. His idea of a 20 minute walk ends about 5 hours later close to midnight. And you should see his definition of a couple of blocks ... my dogs are still barking. Luv you all and wish you were here ... if for no other reason than to carry me between sites.
Till tomorrow.
Bun and Tom ... Lucy and Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment