Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bad news from Windsor





We've been planning this trip for many months and one of the things that most pleased me was that my sister Bonnie and hubby Tom decided to come. Well today she fell down some stairs and broke her ankle which is now in a cast and she also requires surgery on Sunday to fix a broken right Patella. She will be out of action for a number of months and needless to say their trip to Paris in now not possible. I really feel sorry for her and Tom and other than "I'm sorry" I don't know what to say. I'm actually in a little bit of shock and very worried about her.


This is the second cancellation for this trip. I also was suppose to meet my good friends Ken and Renata in Stuttgart after my Daimler tour but an illness in their family kept them from coming to Europe.


To try to make up for Bun and Tom not being able to come to Paris, I'm posting some pictures from our trip together to Paris, Monet's garden, Switzerland, Vimy Ridge and Champagne country in 2008. It still ranks as the best three weeks of my life.


I don't know whether these will make it better or worse for you Bun but my heart aches for you and these pictures certainly are meant to help sooth your pain. Get better soon.


Lets start planning a trip for next year to make up for the one you've lost this year.


Your Bro is thinking about you every moment.


Dennis































































1 comment:

  1. OUCH!!!!

    I haven't figured out how to read other people's posts and hope you can read this - but my heart goes out to you Bonnie!!!! (and Tom)

    Wishing you the speediest of recoveries - take the drugs to numb the pain!

    Vida

    ReplyDelete