Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 2'nd - Mystery Solved


The mystery is solved. Today is Ascension Day in France and a National holiday. I did go out for a long walk this afternoon into the evening although just about everything in Paris is closed for the holiday so I didn't get much exploring of the neighbourhood done. Walked 19,332 steps, 5.75 miles or 9.32 kilometres. My goal is a minimum of 10,000 steps a day and I'm going to try to average 20K steps a day or about a 10K walk every day. A lot of walking but this is what you do when in Europe. The apartment is just over 700 steps from the Tour Eiffel so quite close.


Tons of people out enjoying the weather .... 20 degrees and a lovely breeze.


Under the category of "its a small world" I was walking along the Seine and ran into Peter Murphy who used to interview me all the time for CTV news. He retired four years ago and is in Paris with his wife and a small group doing the tourist thing. It is nice to see a familiar face.


I did take about 200 pictures on my walk but I'm only going to post one tonight since I have to get up at 4:30 am to run out to the airport to catch a flight to Prague and then onto Vilnius Lithuania for one of the pieces of business I have to conduct on this trip. Will post more tomorrow if everything works out ok.


Life is good .... enjoy


Auto Guru in Europe

4 comments:

  1. Not that you should want to think about work too much while enjoying the city of lights, but I went to the Green Agenda 2011 this evening.

    Jeremy Cato mentioned your name with respect to the penetration rates (or, lack thereof?) of efficient vehicles sales. The insert in today's Globe and Mail gave many of the OEMs a platform to announce that they are well-positioned to meet the 2016 fuel economy requirements, which I pressed in the question period to include better efficiency in the larger vehicles that many Canadians need (a family of 5 cannot choose a Smart for 2 or a Yaris - where are are hybrid minivans...?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be en-route to Lt by now; 9 hrs difference ... say hello to everyone there.

    Thanks for the tips on the CDG/RR costs. I think I will wait 'til I see how much luggage I'm taking for the week - more about how heavy it is. Nadia asked for Svyturys beer from Lt. I said I would purchase some at the duty free for her. Check it out at the airport to see if it's available on your way back to Paris.

    Waiting for the photos!!!

    Vida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting blog Dennis, I'll definitely be following it until I leave for Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you arrived safely. Certainly no moss growing under your feet!
    Will follow your blog faithfully and will pass it on to all our friends.
    Be safe!

    Linda & Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete