Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Paris Walk - June 19'th


This group of pics is out of order but I'm trying to catch up. This follows my walk last Sunday and today is Thursday so I'm a little behind. Indeed I've already posted some pics post these one's. I usually post by them but on occasion will just cover one of my daily walks.

One of the nice things about not having a specific agenda is that if you see something nice you can stop and take a picture or if you see something interesting you can just go inside and look. This is how I found the exhibit for Anish Kapoor ... I was walking by the Grand Palais ... saw the sign and went and explored. I'm on my own time so why NOT.

This is a typical walk that I do each day. I usually have some things on my agenda to do during the day but this doesn't stop me from exploring. In this group you can see some interesting statues and architecture but also some side visits.

My new apartment is on Rue Vaugirard which starts at St. Michel in the Latin Quarter and runs quite a long way through Paris including past the Jardin du Luxembourg. The  sculpture above was at the little art museum at the Jardin ... it looked interesting so I went in and had a look around.

Then I went looking for an artist Marche that I heard about. I found it near Mountparnese ... didn't take many pictures mind you but there were about a hundred booths each featuring "one of" art. Most of the stuff you see in stores is crap and or reproductions but to get into this market you have to have hand made authentic goods. And they POLICE it. I enjoyed it but couldn't buy anything since it would be difficult to bring home.

And then most nights I head out around 10:30 ish and go for a long walk. Since my first apartment was only 700 steps from the Tour Eiffel there are usually some pics of this tourist attraction. On the quai I found a series of art dotting the walk and captured some of those images. I'm also fascinated by the boats moored along the Seine. It looks like people live on them but there are never any signs of people.

The streets leading up to the Champs Elysees are particularly interesting to explore since they are the home of some of the biggest labels in the fashion world. I'm going to try to do a photo shoot one night of just the windows of these stores ... some are quite unbelievable.

Life is good ... enjoy

Auto Guru in Europe








































2 comments:

  1. Dennis, can't wait for your Paris book to be published. You are becoming a "go to " expert. Well done!!! Beautiful pictures!!!
    If you have time, try the Musee Gustave Moreau and the Cluny museum. We visited both several years ago and found them worth the time.
    Don't forget also ( if you haven't already) that Sunday mass at Notre Dame is a very spiritual experience. We have been twice and would go every Sunday if we could.
    WWWT LOL Linda and Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gaggle of (iron?) rusted statues! And was that Don Quixote and Rocinante?

    Maybe the barge owners are at work? Or maybe the boats are weekend retreats in reverse for people who live outside Paris... lots of people take barge tours through the canals of Holland and France.

    ReplyDelete