Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mercedes Benz Museum - Part I





If I were to do a proper write up of the Mercedes Benz Museum I'd have to write an entire history of the company. I can't do that so I'm just going to post some pictures. I'll break it up into a few smaller pieces to make it a little easier to follow.

Note the first two carriages built by Gottlieb Daimler where he cuts away the floor to fit in the engine while the third, fourth and fifth carriage built by Carl Benz has the engine in the rear and the vehicle is built around the engine. This was a key difference between the two in the first year of the two companies. Daimler retrofitted vehicles while Benz built from the ground up.

Life is good ... Enjoy

Auto Guru in Europe














































No comments:

Post a Comment