Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tomato and Cucumber Festival



The one thing you'll find in Paris is a surprise at every corner. Usually it is spectacular architecture or a statue hidden away in a garden or a cubby hole down a lane-way but also festivals of all sorts. On this outing I not only ended up in another protest but I also found two little festivals. This one is the "Cucumber and Tomato Festival". It was on the grounds of the Eiffel Tower and they built a small pyramid with cucumbers and tomatoes. Whatever turns you on I guess. They were also giving away a lot of food to the most needy which added a nice touch.

Life is good ... enjoy

Auto Guru in Europe








2 comments:

  1. I love the cucumber and tomato pyramids. I think they have way better cucumbers in Europe. I'm thinking in particular of Lithuania where we would often have cucumbers, tomatoes, sausage, cheese and bread for almost every meal starting with breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my first trip to LT ('91) one of our meals consisted ONLY of tomatoes & cucumbers and this was in a restaurant!!!!! I must send on this photo post to them!

    Vida

    ReplyDelete