Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Savannah and Peter arrive safely



A bit late but Savannah and Peter arrived safely at about noon today. Flight was about an hour late and the taxi from the airport was hung up in traffic so they were a couple hours later than I expected them but everything worked out ok.

I prepared a classic Parisienne lunch for them ... cheese, baguette, Pate, yogurt and of course croissant. A nice bottle of Pouilly-Fuisse and a wide selection of drinks and all is good. Come to think of it we didn't finish the wine so excuse me while I go pour myself a glass ....

After lunch we went for a lazy walk down to the Tour Eiffel which is about a half hour away. The picture above is from the balcony of my apartment and you can see the Tower in the background. Savannah was impressed with her Uncle Dennis.

They came in from Edmonton so are on an eight hour time delay and it took almost 24 hours door to door to get here so I cut it short and took the subway back to my apartment to let them get some rest. They are past out as I write this blog. 

Heading out shopping now ... picnic at the Champs de Mars tonight .... under the stars.

Life is good ... enjoy

Auto Guru in Europe.





























3 comments:

  1. Geeky Tourists having fun!
    They call me Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun! That delicious spread makes me hungry! Looks like Peter might be in training for another trip in the near future :-)
    Auntie Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great "indoor" picnic lunch to greet you upon arrival!!! (Could I prevail upon you (someone!) to visit the Poilane Boulangerie prior to my arrival on July 21?)

    ReplyDelete